The co-chairs of the PCA/ACA Vampire Studies area are soliciting papers, presentations, panels and roundtable discussions which cover any aspect of the Vampire for the Annual National Joint Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference to be held in Washington, DC from April 17-20, 2019.
We are particularly interested in papers, presentations, and panels that cover:
- The vampire on television (i.e. The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Strain)
- Recent vampire films, such as Byzantium, Only Lovers Left Alive, What We Do in the Shadows, and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
- Fan studies and vampires
- Vampire lifestyles and subculture (including Vampire RPGs or other gaming universes)
- Vampires and erotica
- The international vampire
- Genres such as gothic horror, urban fantasy, steampunk, young adult
- The fraught relationship between vampires and werewolves (and/or other monstrous beings)
- Teaching with vampires
- The glorious return of the Vampire Lestat and the legacy of Anne Rice
- The 20th anniversary of the premiere of Angel
- The 200th anniversary of the publication of John Polidori’sThe Vampyre
And anything and everything in between!
Visit past programs of the PCA/ACA conference at www.pcaaca.org to see what has been covered during recent conferences.
To have your proposal/abstract considered for presentation, please submit your proposal/abstract of approximately 250 words at https://pcaaca.org/conference/